Nutrient-packed roasted carob powder meets antioxidant powerhouse chia seeds in this delectable Strawberry, Pistachio, Chia and Carob Pudding recipe. Get all your superfoods in one sitting by layering overnight soaked chia seeds, strawberries, and pistachios in a bowl or oversized mug. Chia seeds add a little crunch to this healthy treat, along with protein and fiber-rich benefits. The best part? It’s naturally sweetened and absolutely versatile. You can make this the night before, then just grab and go in the morning.
If you want to take this carob pudding to the next level, soaking chia seeds overnight in almond milk (or whole milk for those who prefer dairy) is an excellent option. That’s exactly what did here! This ensures a more flavorful, thicker and creamier consistency. Plus, it introduces another layer of nutritional value into the picture. As always, we recommend following the instructions on your chia seed container to help achieve your desired texture.
The exact amount of carob powder you need depends on personal preference. We’re using it as a natural sweetener to keep this carob dessert refined sugar-free! For this recipe, we discovered that using two tablespoons hits the right spot in terms of sweetness. However, this carob pudding can be forgiving! You can add as much as you like. Or even personalize it by mixing in additional toppings such as carob chips, unsweetened coconut flakes, dried fruits, nuts and seeds.
If raw carob powder appeals more to your taste buds, feel free to use it in lieu of the roasted one.
What Makes This The Best Chia Carob Pudding?
- GLUTEN-FREE. It’s a dreamy dessert for those who cannot consume gluten.
- VEGAN. Just use plant-based or non-dairy options instead of water or milk.
- SUPER SIMPLE. The base recipe that we listed below only requires five (5) ingredients.
- NO REFINED SUGAR. Carob powder takes the place of unhealthy sweeteners.
- SWEET AND SALTY. We love the tandem of fresh strawberries and pistachios.
- REAL VANILLA. It quickly transforms a super simple treat into something luxurious.
RECIPE. Strawberry, Pistachio, Chia and Carob Pudding
- Spoon the soaked chia seeds into a small bowl. Add the carob powder and vanilla extract. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Divide your chia mixture into two serving bowls or glasses.
- Layer carob-chia mixture, strawberries, and pistachios. Top with one whole strawberry and dust with carob powder.
- For best results, follow the instructions on your chia seeds container.
- To achieve a flavorful, thick, and creamy consistency, we soaked our chia seeds in unsweetened almond milk for 24 hours.