Vegan & Gluten-Free Carob Mousse with Strawberries
For 3 persons
Carob Products Used: Roasted Carob Powder
- 1 heaped cup soaked & drained cashews = 150 gr,
soaked overnight or for at least 6 hours:
( How to soak raw unsalted cashews?) You take 1 cup of raw, unsalted cashews & place them in a fitting bowl. You add 2 cups of clean water to them & mix well with a spoon. You place a fitting lid on & put it into the fridge for overnight or for at least 6 hours! After that, the nuts are more soft & have a softer taste. You drain them well under running water & rinse off the excess of water. Do not use the soak water!!!! Now, they are easier to digest, healthier & creamier for you too. Use them now!
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon of water
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, grade C
- 3 tablespoons of carob powder
- pinch of Maldon sea salt
- 6 larger fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled & each strawberry cut into 4 slices
- 3/4 teaspoon of powdered coconut sugar, divided in 3 equal portions, aka 1/4 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon +1/4 teaspoon of powdered coconut sugar
- Take your Vitamix & add drained soaked cashews & 1/4 cup of water. Add 1 tablespoon of water extra. Place fitting lid on & the tamper too. Blend on full power & push the tamper up & down because you want to push down the cashews into the running blades. Stop the machine & check consistency. Blend again & again until the cashews form a smooth& silky structure. The cashews will thicken the mousse later in the fridge. So, do not add more water!!!!
- Add carob powder, maple syrup & pinch of Maldon sea salt. Mix on high-speed until fully joined with the cashew mix. You must taste the carob flavour, cashews & the sweeter taste too!
- Take 3 fancy smaller dessert glasses & place the fresh-cut up strawberries in the bottom of each dessert glass. I added 2 cut up strawberries per dessert glass, in the bottom, in 2 layers. I topped each strawberry layer with 1/4 teaspoon of powdered coconut sugar to give a sweeter touch aka taste later on. Do this the same way with the 2 other desserts too. Pour or spoon the mousse all over it, evenly divided between the 3 glasses and let the mousses set up a bit in the fridge, for at least 3 hours. The mousse will get shiny & will firm up a bit.