Gluten Free Carob Beetroot Pecan muffins
Compliments of Kristy-Ann Duffy
Carob Products Used: Roasted Carob Powder
- 1 Large or several Small Beetroots (~200-250g)
- ½ Cup Pecans
- ⅓ Cup Roasted Carob Powder
- One Espresso (~30mls)
- ⅓ Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 120g Butter or Margarine
- 2 Egg
Preheat Oven to 180⁰C
- Place pecans in a food processor and process until nuts are coarsely chopped, remove and keep aside for later.
- Wash or peel beetroots and process in food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients (except pecans) and process until well mixed. It may be necessary to add a small amount of water or milk depending on consistency of the mix.
- Add pecans at the end, and just process quickly to mix together.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin (makes about 12).
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.