Carob Cookies (Raw Carob Powder & Carob Syrup)
Carob Products Used: Carob Syrup, Raw Carob Powder
- 30g Raw Carob Powder (could substitute with roasted carob powder for more intense taste)
- 20g Carob Syrup
- 220g Unsalted butter (Soften)
- ¼ Tsp Salt (or 2g)
- 60g Caster Sugar
- 300g Self-Raising Flour
- *Dried fruit & nuts (Optional)
- Preheat oven at 170°C
- Cream butter, sugar and Carob syrup until pale, put the butter mixture aside.
- Sift flour and Carob powder, add in salt and mix well. Add 1/3 of flour at a time to butter mixture until well combined. (if you are using dried fruits and nuts, it can be added in when the mixture is well combined)
- Roll into small balls, place on prepared tray.
- Bake at 170°C for 5 minutes, then turn down to 150°C and bake for a further 10 minutes until firm not hard.
- Transfer to cooling rack