Gluten Free Pumpkin Seed and Carob Chip Cookies are carob treats that even those without gluten intolerances can appreciate. These homemade gourmet cookies are flavorful and complement any hot or cold beverage. The cookie base consists of oat flour, almond flour and brown rice flour. Store-bought kinds are typically overly sweet and packed with toxic preservatives and additives for longer shelf life. These gluten carob cookies are changing that narrative for the better.
There is no refined sugar in this recipe. Our naturally-sweet carob powder and maple syrup act as organic sweetening agents for these cookies. This way, you can absolutely indulge without the guilt feeling! To take this cookie experience further, adding homemade carob chips into the mix definitely elevates these treats to gourmet status.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Seed and Carob Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Flour Blend. We opted to make our own gluten-free flour mixture to avoid additives that commercially-available flours have. To increase the nutty taste, you may toast the oat and brown rice flour.
- Naturally Sweet. This is a forgiving recipe. Our carob powders hit the right notes when it comes to sweetness. But if you would like the cookies to be sweeter, just add an extra tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Perfect for cafes and coffee shops. We’d love to see more food establishments offer food items that use Australian Carobs, especially gluten free carob cookies. When making these pumpkin seed and carob chip cookies, please allow them to cool completely before storing them in airtight containers.
We developed this recipe with nutrition, enjoyment and decadence in mind and we hope that you experience the same when it is your turn to bake them. For more healthy cookie options, please visit our Carob Cookies page.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Seed and Carob Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 Baking Oven
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsps The Australian Carob Co. Roasted or Raw Carob Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsps butter, melted or soft
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsps pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsps pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsps homemade carob chips
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Make sure that everything is incorporated well.
- In a medium size bowl or smaller, combine all the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and make sure that everything is well-combined.
- Add 1/4 cup of rolled oats and mix until incorporated.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Drop in spoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Press slightly flat and decorate the tops with carob chips and pumpkin seeds, pressing them into the dough slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until done.
For more homemade gourmet carob recipes using Australian Carobs, please visit CarobRecipes.com.