If oatmeal breakfast bars are a morning staple in your household, this recipe for Oatmeal and Carob Chip Bar needs to be on your rotation. With their decadent taste, they’re a perfect way to prepare for the week and best of all, these nutritious bars are super easy to make! A thick layer of melted homemade carob chips makes this a standout recipe.
Whether you are an oatmeal bar lover or just looking for an untraditional treat, these luscious squares are a must-try. Moreover, these Oatmeal and Carob Chip Bars are an excellent treat when entertaining guests at home or simply celebrating something special.
Oatmeal and Carob Chip Bar Recipe
It sounds deceptively simple to make. However, it is full of flavors that it is safe to visualize these carob bars as a year-round dessert or morning to-go. Apart from its chewy and crumbly texture, there is also a jolt of espresso in every bite. It complements the full-bodied carob goodness that comes from our pure carob syrup.
If you’re serving these during the holidays, you may let kids decorate the surface with their desired toppings for an extra festive feel.
RECIPE: Oatmeal and Carob Chip Bar Recipe
FOR THE CAROB OATMEAL BAR
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup homemade almond butter*
- 1/4 cup The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup
- 2 tbsps coconut sugar
- 2 tbsps dried cranberries
- 2 tbsps avocado oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp espresso
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add all the Carob and Oatmeal Bar ingredients into a medium bowl and mix them until well-incorporated.
- Line a small baking pan with parchment paper in both directions and add the carob bar mixture to the pan.
- Press the carob and oatmeal mixture flat. A sheet of plastic wrap will help with pressing it firmly and working well to the sides and corners.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes checking often so it doesn't burn. When done, remove from oven and let cool.
- While the carob and oatmeal bar pan is cooling, warm the two (2) cups of homemade carob chips in a double boiler until melted.
- Pour the melted homemade carob chips over the carob bar and spread it completely and smoothly. Let is cool down and then refrigerate to be sure the carob topping is set.
- Remove from pan and cut into squares for serving.
For more homemade gourmet carob recipes using Australian Carobs, please visit CarobRecipes.com.