If you make these Large Carob Chips at home, we guarantee that you will not just earn kisses but more, genuine love! The shape of this decadent treat is familiar but the taste experience is incredibly better. The flavor profile is pure decadence, thanks to organic cocoa butter and carob powder. For people on special diets, unsweetened large carob chips that do not contain palm oil (or palm stearin oil), that are dairy-free, gluten-free and soy lecithin-free are a rare find. We’re not judging the store-bought ones but if you have food intolerances, for us, the only way to ensure “healthy indulgence” is to take the homemade route. Nicknamed “carob kisses,” the quest for homemade large carob chips ends right here on this page.
Unlocking the secret to organic large carob chips for baking and other food applications is easy when you have access to the world’s best quality carob powder, the Australian Carobs. Developed for us by Stivi Wonders, this large carob chip recipe does not require advanced cooking skills. In fact, it only takes a quarter of an hour to make a full batch.
It only calls for two ingredients. They’re easy to make, are delicious and also gluten-free and vegan! These sweet treats are dairy-free and do not contain trans fats or palm oil. Just straight-up nutritious and delicious!
If you already have a mold at home for chocolate chips, that’s wonderful! However, for those who do not have one, we used a silicone mold for large chocolate chips to achieve the shape and appearance. It can be purchased here. We’re sharing the link to the mold only for purposes of information-sharing and not as an endorsement.
Large Carob Chips
- 1 double boiler (or a makeshift one)
- In a small sauce pan over very low heat, or in a bowl in a double boiler, melt the cocoa butter to liquid form.
- Add the roasted carob powder a little at a time (so it doesn't get lumpy) while mixing constantly. Chopsticks are great for stirring the mixture.
- Using a spoon or a piping bag, fill the chocolate kiss mold wiith carob mixture. Tap gently on a hard surface. Push toothpick to the tip of each cavity to get air bubbles out.
- Allow them to cool and/or harden at room temperature.
- Once completely cooled and hardened, push each large carob chip out of each cavity. Store in an airtight container.