This Kale Cucumber Carob Smoothie is an amazingly easy yet effective way to consume greens and fruits. With chopped kale, cucumber, apple, unsweetened almond milk, and banana slices, give your body the daily nutritional boost it deserves. What is even more special about this carob smoothie recipe is that it doesn’t require refined sugar. Our roasted carob powder naturally sweetens it while packing it with delicious Australian Carob flavor. The delicious tandem of apple and banana is unbeatable when it comes to flavor. If you pick the ripe ones, they also act as sweetening agent.
Kale Cucumber Carob Smoothie Recipe Details
- Fruit and Green Selection. Kale, cucumber, apple and banana slices.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk. For the creamy base. You may use carob cashew milk, dairy milk, or any milk you’d prefer.
- Salt and Spicy Notes. A hint of ground cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Natural Sweeteners. Pure maple syrup and carob syrup.
We used kale but feel free to substitute spinach if kale is unavailable. If you’d wish to turn this into a smoothie bowl, we recommend making your own frozen banana slices and using frozen chopped kale. You’ll find these two at the supermarket’s frozen food department as well, if you find that more convenient. Making your own? Just place the banana slices and chopped kale inside the freezer the night before you need them.
There is no topping on this one but a sprinkle of Smoked Paprika is recommended.
Australian Carobs has a long list of healthy smoothie recipes that you can make at home or for your cafe. It would be great to see more and more food establishments using carobs in their offer line-up. Please visit our Carob Smoothies to view all your options, from smoothie drinks to smoothie bowls.
Kale Cucumber Carob Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Food Blender
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
For more homemade gourmet carob recipes using Australian Carobs, please visit CarobRecipes.com.