Iced Carob and Passion Fruit Tea is the kind of beverage that you can consume all afternoon. It has all our favorite drink elements. Freshly scooped passion fruit, refreshing orange juice, carob syrup, vanilla, and green tea. If you want to capture summertime vibes any time of the year, this tropical-inspired concoction fits the bill perfectly. Light and cooling, this is excellent for a splendid patio or poolside refreshment. The type that you’ll come back to during the scorching hot days of the year.
Iced Carob and Passion Fruit Tea Details
With a short and simple ingredient list, it only takes a few minutes of preparation. Here are some helpful tips:
- Passion Fruit. We highly recommend using the fresh kind. Scoop seeds from the passion fruit, gently peeling away the fibrous layer that may want to come out too.
- Citrus. Choose orange fruits that are ripe and juicy for a richer, sweeter, vibrant profile.
- Vanilla Extract. We suggest only using the pure and real form of vanilla extract.
- Iced Tea. We used green tea here so that we could effectively create the bold yellow-dark amber gradient profile but feel free to substitute any preferred tea.
- Natural Sweetener. This recipe calls for two tablespoons of carob syrup. However, please modify the sweetness level based on preference.
Add ice cubes, if desired.
We are absolutely loving how the orange and passion fruit ingredients stand as dominant flavors in this naturally sweetened drink while at the same time letting the iced tea shine. Bold and fruity, with the perfect balance of tangy and sweetness notes.
Iced Carob and Passion Fruit Tea Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened iced green tea
- 1/2 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup passion fruit seeds, freshly scooped out
- 2 tbsps The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- Add the carob syrup and vanilla into the unsweetened iced green tea. Mix well.
- In a blender, combine orange juice and passion fruit seeds. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the orange-passion fruit mixture into two serving glasses. Then top up with the carob-vanilla-iced green tea mixture.
- Garnish with additional passion fruit seeds. Add ice cubes if desired. Serve immediately!
For more homemade gourmet carob recipes using Australian Carobs, please visit CarobRecipes.com.