What makes a good smoothie? For us, it is the kind that sits at the intersection of taste and nutrition. Something that breathes new life to your favorite fruits and veggies in a flavorful, drinkable form! Our Honeydew Spinach Smoothie Recipe fits the bill. It’s packed with good-for-you ingredients, made in less than five minutes, and can be enjoyed any time throughout the day. Savor it as a breakfast bowl. Or prepare it as mid-afternoon snack.
Green smoothies such as Honeydew Spinach Carob Smoothie, are not often everyone’s favorite. However, we are confident that this one may actually make it to the list of your go-to smoothies. With a little help from honeydew and carob powder, you will have a hard time not liking this healthy shake. This is definitely a great way to introduce spinach to those who are not fond of this leafy green.
Honeydew Spinach Smoothie Recipe Details
Our ingredient list is deceptively simple yet packs a ton of nutrition.
- Fruit. With its light and delicate profile, honeydew excellently complements the overpowering flavor of spinach.
- Superfood. Spinach is an impressively healthy leafy green, an amazing source of essential vitamins and antioxidants.
- Friendly Kick. Fresh jalapeno peppers for a hint of spice.
- Nutty Side. Pumpkin seed kernels
- Dairy-Free. Feel free to use dairy milk if you’d prefer that but for this smoothie, we recommend using unsweetened almond milk.
- Guilt-Free Sweetener. Roasted carob powder acts as natural sweetening agent.
We used spinach but feel free to substitute kale if spinach is unavailable. This smoothie is originally prepared as a drink. If you’d wish to turn this into a smoothie bowl, we recommend making your own frozen honeydew slices and using frozen chopped spinach. Making your own? Just place the honeydew slices and chopped spinach inside the freezer the night before you need them.
Please save some diced honeydew and use them as topping.
Australian Carobs has a long list of healthy smoothie recipes that you can make at home or for your cafe. It would be great to see more and more food establishments using carobs in their offer line-up. Please visit our Carob Smoothies to view all your options, from smoothie drinks to smoothie bowls.
Honeydew Spinach Smoothie
- 1 Food Blender
- Place all ingredients in the blender jar and blend completely.
- Pour into a glass and top with small pieces of honeydew.
- Serve and enjoy.