Thick, creamy and packed with nourishment, let this Honeydew Avocado Carob Smoothie liven up your breakfast experiences. This refreshing drink with a velvety texture is the perfect way to start your mornings or as a mid-day energy booster. The riper the avocado, the sweeter the smoothie, so you’ll want to pick the right one to achieve the ideal consistency. But no worries. Frozen honeydew and wild Canadian blueberries lend this delicious smoothie with natural sweetness. Because who wants to use refined sugar on a perfectly healthy beverage, right? Our roasted carob powder takes the place of a sweetener and definitely makes this smoothie an antioxidant, fiber, and nutrient powerhouse.
Honeydew Avocado Carob Smoothie Recipe Details
- Lusciously Creamy. With frozen honeydew and ripe avocado, the texture is reminiscent of a milkshake.
- Berry Flavorful. Juicy and sweet, frozen wild Canadian blueberries complement the ripeness of the avocado very well. However, if you can’t find these specific frozen blueberries, you may use fresh blueberries.
- Citrus Burst. Freshly-squeezed lemon juice to awaken the taste buds. If you don’t have lemons at home but have access to lime, that should work too!
- Naturally Sweetened. There is no refined sugar in this recipe. We used carob powder as organic and healthy sweetener.
- A Hint of Spice. A little dusting of cinnamon takes this smoothie to the next level. But if you don’t have that on hand, you may also add a small amount of vanilla into the mix.
- Carob Chips. We recommend making unsweetened carob chips at home.
- Dairy or Non-Dairy. Your choice of milk will define the taste direction of this smoothie. We recommend unsweetened almond milk. But if you’d prefer a different kind, feel free to do so. You may use whatever type of milk that appeals to you, plant-based or not. This carob recipe has plenty of room for adjustments.
We have a long list of healthy smoothie recipes that you can make at home or for your cafe. It would be great to see more and more food establishments using carobs in their offer line-up. Please visit our Carob Smoothies to view all your options, from smoothie drinks to smoothie bowls.
Honeydew Avocado Carob Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Food Blender or Food Processor
- 1 cup honeydew, frozen and cubed
- 1/2 cup avocado
- 1 tbsp blueberries frozen*
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, dairy or non-dairy
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 tbsp The Australian Carob Co. Roasted or Raw Carob Powder
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp homemade carob chips (Use this carob chip recipe)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses. Top with carob chips and dust with cinnamon.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
For more homemade gourmet carob recipes using Australian Carobs, please visit CarobRecipes.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.