Simple and packed with flavor, we believe that anyone can cook up this classic Japanese dish at home. The chicken thighs are juicy and tender and the teriyaki sauce is perfectly sweet, savory and just a tad spicy. We’re keeping most parts traditional but we’re adding Australian Carob Syrup into the mix to complement the mirin’s subtle sweetness. Serve this Ginger and Carob Chicken Teriyaki with soba noodle salad and you are guaranteed a delicious weeknight. It’s incredibly easy to make! Amazingly tasty too that you’ll have it on your regular menu rotation for sure!
Ginger and Carob Teriyaki Chicken with Soba Noodle Salad Recipe
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 pcs boneless chicken thighs, with skin on
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Shoyu soy sauce
- 2 tbsps mirin
- 2 tbsps ginger wine
- 2 tbsps The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup
- 270 gms pack of Soba noodles
- 1 pc medium carrot, peeled and julienned
- 10 pcs snow peas, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup (70 gms) pickled ginger
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Japanese style sesame dressing*
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To make the teriyaki sauce, combine soy sauce, mirin, ginger wine and carob syrup together in a small jug, stirring to combine. Pour over the chicken and continue cooking, stirring regularly, until sauce thickens slightly and becomes syrupy. Set aside and allow to cool.
- For the noodle salad, cook soba noodles according to pack instructions, adding snow peas and carrot for final 1 minute of cooking time. Drain, refresh under cold water and drain again. In a large mixing bowl combine cooked noodles, snow peas, carrot, sesame seeds, pickled ginger, spring onions and sesame dressing, tossing to combine.
- Serve noodle salad topped with teriyaki chicken.