This Fruity Carob Coffee Smoothie has everything you need to kickstart your day — potassium, protein, Vitamin C and coffee! The rich blend of green apple, coffee, carob powder, and unsweetened almond milk will definitely awaken your taste buds. Then there’s banana, oats, almond butter, and cinnamon that offer a creamy, indulgent and nutritious base. What takes this smoothie experience further is that it’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free.
We love this flavor combination, the simple preparation and the right amount of energy boost it gives us. This carob coffee smoothie with hints of fruits makes an ultimate breakfast for people on the go. It can also be enjoyed as a mid-afternoon dessert smoothie. It is quick and tasty without the guilt feeling because this smoothie does not require refined sugar at all. When you’re using banana and carob powder, you don’t need to use unhealthy sweeteners!
Fruity Carob Coffee Smoothie Recipe Details
- Naturally Sweetened. Roasted carob powder and banana team up in this smoothie as healthy sweetening agents.
- Dairy or Non-Dairy. It’s up to you. We used almond milk but feel free to use your milk of choice, dairy or plant-based milk.
- Rolled Oats. These definitely add extra levels of creaminess to the smoothie base.
- Slightly Tart and Tangy. The green apple helps in enhancing the overall sweet and almost-Mocha flavor profile of this smoothie.
- Freshly Brewed. We strongly recommend making your own cup of coffee at home.
- A Hint of Spice. There is cinnamon to balance the carob and coffee smoothie taste with the fruit ingredients.
We have a long list of healthy smoothie recipes that you can make at home or for your cafe. Please visit our Carob Smoothies to view all your options, from smoothie drinks to smoothie bowls.
Fruity Carob Coffee Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Food Blender
- Place all the ingredients in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses. Dust with cinnamon and carob powder.
- Serve immediately.
For more homemade gourmet carob recipes using Australian Carobs, please visit CarobRecipes.com.