The decadence of the classic fruit and nut chocolate bar is captured in this special carob bar recipe. This is basically a sophisticated version of a healthy fruit bark infused with Australian Carob goodness. It is tough to beat that perfect fusion of organic figs, dates, almonds, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, maple, vanilla, and naturally sweet carob. Each bite just melts in your mouth. As if we need more reasons to love them, homemade carob bar is one of the simplest gourmet treats you could possibly make. No baking required. They’re gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar free!
Fruit and Nut Carob Bar Recipe
Homemade gourmet carob bars are amazingly simple to make with the right carob powder and not just great, but absolutely healthy ingredients. While there are commercially-available carob bars out there, we understand that some people have health concerns that do not quite fit with some of the ingredients in these “off the shelf” snack bars. This carob recipe is also designed for those who do not have access to ready-to-eat bars. Of course, we definitely want to celebrate food preparations at home. After all, our kitchen should be the epicenter of good food and excellent health!
One crucial point in achieving incredible flavor excellence is that carob powder is prepared with cocoa butter. This lends the carob bars a silky smooth texture while having that “snap” that snack bars are known for. Once you learn the heavenly value of fusing these two ingredients together, the varieties of carob confections you can make are endless. With this we can claim the recipe featured below can be forgiving. From fruit and nut carob bars, you can also make almond carob bars, pistachio carob bars, cookie carob bars and so on.
It is really up to you to tweak the carob bar elements to your liking. We really just want to highlight that you will need to use organic and real maple sugar, vanilla extract, and the right type of carob powder. Not all carobs are created equal. So you’re in good hands with Australian Carobs.
What Makes These Fruit and Nut Carob Bar Special
- Real Gourmet. Made with organic, nutritious and real food ingredients that you can pronounce.
- Gluten Free. We developed this recipe so that people with gluten intolerances can enjoy these carob treats too!
- No Refined Sugar. Carob powder and organic maple sugar team up as natural sweetening agents.
- No Dairy. There is no milk product in this recipe.
- No Soy Lecithin.
- No Palm Oil.
These carob bars are definitely a healthy version of your favorite store-bought chocolate fruit and nut bar.
If you’re trying to unlearn some snacking habits, prepare these carob bites in advance, store them in the fridge so you have something ready the next time a craving kicks in.
Fruit and Nut Carob Bar Recipe
- 1 double boiler (or a makeshift one)
- 3 candy bar molds (commonly available online in marketplaces such as Amazon)
Carob Bar Ingredients
Fruit, Nut and Seed Ingredients
- 1/4 cup organic dried figs, chopped
- 1/4 cup organic dried dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup organic roasted almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup organic walnuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin seeds, raw
- 2 tbsps organic sunflower seeds, roasted
- 2 tbsps organic salted pistachios
- 2 tbsps organic pecans, crushed
- Combine all the fruits, nuts and seeds. Divide them into three and spread over the molds.
- Over a double boiler (feel free to use a make-shift one), gently melt cocoa butter. Stir constantly and don't let it to get too hot or boiling.
- Once cocoa butter has melted, stir in carob powder, salt, and maple sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add vanilla. Stir well until well-combined.
- Let it cool to thicken a little (about 2-5 minutes) or until the consistency is good enough for pouring.
- Stir one more time then pour the mixture onto the mold that has the fruit, nuts and seeds.
- Set aside to cool and harden completely.
- Remove the Fruit and Nut Carob Bars from the molds.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, if there are any left after tasting them.