Scrumptious treats that are simply irresistible. That’s the charm of these Double Carob and Macadamia Cookies. Studded with toasted macadamia and homemade carob chips, these sweet snacks invite you to a display of edible textures with their melt-in-your-mouth carob goodness, delicious crunch, and flavorful cookie base. Each bite has the best of everything! Would you believe that there is no unhealthy refined sugar in this carob cookie recipe? Plus these glorious desserts are gluten-free also? What’s not to love, right?
Roasted carob powder and real maple syrup not only elevate the ingredient profile of this recipe to homemade gourmet status but they also act as natural sweetening agents. Talk about guilt-free indulgence!
Double Carob Chip and Macadamia Cookie Recipe
As what we’d always say, the secret to carob chip cookies that perfectly hit the spot is the carob powder that’s used to make the carob chips.
- Homemade Carob Chips. We recommend making these at home in advance. The recipe only calls for two ingredients. They’re easy to make, are delicious and also gluten-free and vegan! These sweet treats are dairy-free and do not contain trans fats or palm oil. Just straight-up nutritious and delicious!
- Roasted Carob Powder. For that extra layer of luscious carob taste.
- Macadamia Nuts. Toast them a little before tossing into the cookie dough mix for that luxurious nutty direction.
- Gluten-Free. We highly recommend using gluten-free organic all-purpose flour. When buying oats for this recipe, please make sure that your oats are certified gluten-free oats.
- No Artificial Sweeteners. There is no refined sugar in this recipe. Pure maple syrup acts as organic sweetening agent for these cookies. This way, you can absolutely indulge worry-free!
- Pure Vanilla Extract. Please only use the real kind.
These cookies can be stored at room temperature for up to four (4) days. You may also prepare the dough in advance and store it inside the freezer for up to three months.
Double Carob and Macadamia Cookies
- 1 handheld mixer
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 tbsps unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line the bottom of a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, roasted carob powder, and salt. Mix until well-combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter with maple syrup and vanilla extract. Using a handheld mixer, mix until you get the sticky texture. Add the egg and stir vigorously.
- Once the batter appears thick and well blended, add in the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Gradually fold in the homemade carob chips and macadamia nuts.
- Allow the mixture to rest inside the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop some cookie mixture and place it on a baking sheet. Arrange the cookies two inches apart. Slightly flatten the dough and shape cookies with the spoon.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Please don't overbake them.
- When you get them out of the oven, the cookies will be soft. Allow them to cool for few minutes on the baking sheet then transfer them to a cookie rack to cool completely. They will continue to harden as the cookies cool down.
- You may substitute 1 ½ cup quick oats with 1 cup rolled oats.
- You may use chopped fruit and nut bar or carob almond bar instead of carob chips.
- You may use avocado oil or olive oil instead of butter.
- Please make sure that your oats are certified gluten-free oats.
For more homemade gourmet carob recipes using Australian Carobs, please visit CarobRecipes.com.