Make classic carob chip cookies with this easy recipe by Charlie and The Carob Tree. It is perfect for every day baking and occasions. No chilling required. Just tasty, carob chip cookies. You’ll never guess they’re not chocolate chip cookies!
Charlie Carob Chip Cookies Recipe
- 3 pcs flax eggs
- 1 1/4 cups quinoa flour (or coconut, buckwheat or sorghum flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup rice bran oil (or coconut oil)
- 40 gms Nuttelex (to add for extra creaminess when not using coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup rapadura sugar (or dark brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 340 gms Charlie Chocolate Buttons (broken up)
- Prepare flax eggs (3 tbsp ground flax meal + 1/4 cup hot water).
- Whisk dry ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk oil, Nuttelex and sugars.
- Add in flax eggs, vanilla, mix in blender until light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients in and mix until it forms a dough.
- Mix in broken Charlie Chocolate Buttons.
- Put spoonfuls on baking tray and bake for around 15 minutes until golden brown at 180 degrees C.