The best fruit and nut bread features a flavorful tight crumb and a deliciously moist texture. It is every bread lover’s dream, just like this Carob Strawberry Pecan Loaf! Delectably good on its own or magical when enjoyed with hot carob milk, this simple yet classic carob bread reminds us of how carob powder can be used as natural sweetener along with real maple sugar. The rich fusion makes the taste profile divine! Strawberries and pecan bread is a well-loved dessert or snack and this one is crowned with an indulgent crackly top — making it a perfect centerpiece for any event table setting.
Carob Strawberry Pecan Loaf Details
- Deliciously Moist. Fall in love with the loaf’s tasty crumb.
- Fluffy and Bouncy. Thanks to unsweetened apple sauce and plain yoghurt.
- Naturally Sweetened. With real organic maple sugar as sweetener, who needs the unhealthy, unrefined sugar?
- Fruity and Nutty. Fresh strawberries and pecans always deliver the perfect notes.
- Crowning Glory. Aside from using them as fillings, strawberry halves and pecan pieces make excellent toppings!
- Real Vanilla Extract. This just seals this loaf as one of the best carob loaf recipes ever!
If you love this Carob Strawberry Pecan Loaf recipe, you will also enjoy our other carob bread recipes.
Have fun making this carob treat at home!
RECIPE: Carob Strawberry Pecan Bread
- 1 Baking Oven
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup ground psyllium flour
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved (plus a few for decorating the top)
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, (plus a few for decorating the top)
- Butter the sides and bottom of a bread loaf pan. Or use parchment on the ends and bottom and butter the sides.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the melted butter, maple sugar, light brown sugar, carob powder until smooth. Add the beaten eggs, applesauce, plain yoghurt, and pure vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
- In a large size bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt, and ground psyllium flour.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just mixed. Avoid over-mixing.
- Mix in the strawberry halves and pecan pieces, reserving some for the topping.
- Spoon the batter into the buttered loaf pan and gently tamp to avoid air pockets.
- Press the reserved strawberries and pecan pieces into the top of the batter to decorate.
- Bake at 350 F for 55 to 65 minutes. Test after 55 minutes with knife or toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- Remove from oven when done. Let cool slightly and remove from pan onto a cooling rack.
- After the loaf has cooled, it can be sliced with a very sharp knife and served.
For more homemade gourmet carob recipes using Australian Carobs, please visit CarobRecipes.com.