What’s better than a common sponge cake? A carob sponge cake! And it tastes even more delectable when you use The Australian Carob Co.’s roasted carob powder. For most snack enthusiasts, sponge cakes are their default desserts to munch on because it’s so easy to make! When paired with fruit spreads and whipped cream, the whole carob sponge cake experience is like dessert heaven!
Carob Sponge Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup The Australian Carob Co. Roasted Carob Powder
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 4 pcs eggs
- 3/4 cup cornflour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp plain flour, (heaping)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- icing sugar for dusting
- 1 1/2 cup whipped cream
- strawberry jam or any jam of your preference
- Place 3/4 cup of caster sugar and 4 eggs in a mixing bowl and beat well for 5-10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, sift all other ingredients 2-3 times then fold in gently with a spoon.
- Place into a 20cm cake tin.
- Cook in a preheated fan-forced oven (180 C/350 F) for 30-35 minutes.
- Cut cake in half and spread jam and whipped cream in centre.
- Dust top with icing sugar. Serve immediately or refrigerate.