The best summer cocktails are as simple to make as they are refreshing. On this note, may we present you Carob Sake. It is the perfect summertime beverage and you can make it at home! Allow us to be clear on one thing though. While this specialty cocktail recipe comes together in no time, it’s still long on flavor. Junmai Ginjo Sake, pure carob syrup, lemon, wild blueberries and sparkling water give this utterly energizing beverage plenty of citrusy and fruity notes—a small prayer of brightness for the blazing hot season ahead.
Carob Sake Recipe
Half the joy of a Carob Sake is in its construction—using wild Canadian blueberries although regular ones would work too, the perfect harmony of carob syrup and Junmai Ginjo Sake, the invigorating effect of lemon slices, and the top off of sparkling water. If you’re looking to perfect your humid climate cocktail game, then dazzle your family and friends with this carob specialty cocktail. No matter the crowd or occasion, this has you covered.
Remember, a summertime cocktail has a singular purpose. It must make you feel cooler in a very literal sense. This carob cocktail fits the bill. It is fresh, cooling, and thirst-quenching–perfect for day drinking. Sweet, but not too sweet because it is naturally sweetened, this is excellent for hot summer nights too.
RECIPE: Carob Sake
- 2 ounces Junmai Ginjo Sake
- 1 tsp The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- 1/4 cup wild blueberries
- lemon slices
- ice cubes
- Place half the wild blueberries in the serving glass and add the ice cubes.
- Mix the sake, sparkling water and carob syrup and pour over the ice and blueberries.
- Add the other half of the wild blueberries to the top and give a light stir.
- Add the lemon slices into the drink and top with them.
Discover more cocktail recipes on CarobRecipes.com!