If there’s a cocktail that embodies the word refreshing, it would be this drink — Carob Sake Malibu Driver with Blood Orange. This modern spin on the world-famous Malibu Driver has summer splashed all over it. Instead of an orange, it features freshly-squeezed blood orange juice, which introduces an even more enticing festive appearance. Light and bubbly, sweet yet citrusy, this original Australian Carob Cocktail recipe is a breeze to make.
Carob Sake Malibu Driver with Blood Orange Recipe
The combination of blood orange and carob syrup instantly makes this our go-to drink for the season. These ingredients are the dominant flavors in this naturally sweetened drink while at the same time letting the liquor shine.
- Citrus. Freshly-squeezed blood orange juice, plus some slices reserved for garnish.
- The Sweet Part. Our very own pure carob syrup takes on the role of a natural sweetener.
- Special Notes. To make this even more special, we’ve added orange bitters.
- Spirit. 80 Proof Vodka and Junmai Ginjo Sake.
We have to warn you that once you’ve made and tasted this, you will feel that this thirst-quencher needs to be an absolute must on your cocktail rotation. Cheers!
Carob Sake Malibu Driver with Blood Oranges
- 4 large blood oranges, juiced with slices reserved for topping
- 1 1/2 ounce shot sake
- 1 1/2 ounce shot vodka
- 1 tsp The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup
- 1/4 tsp orange bitters
- a pinch of salt
- 5 pcs ice cubes
- Mix the blood orange juice, sake, malibu, orange bitters salt and carob syrup.
- Put ice in the serving glass and pour the mix over the ice.
- Give a quick stir and top with the reserved blood orange slices.
More Carob Cocktails to enjoy:
Discover more cocktail recipes on CarobRecipes.com!