Easy to make, gluten free and dairy free, this delectable carob pumpkin pudding is perfect for all occasions. It is reminiscent of pumpkin pie with a deliciously nutty direction and tasty bursts of coconut cream. This homemade pudding is incredibly flavorful that it is hard to believe that it is incredibly easy to make! Australian Carob and pure maple work as natural sweetening agents while pure vanilla extract takes care of the gourmet direction
Easy Carob Pumpkin Pudding
There is no background story involved here. No heightened afternoon drama about the development of this recipe or the choice of ingredients. The inspiration behind this is everyone’s sweet tooth and the need to satisfy it as soon as possible. That is why the entire preparation is so easy. Place everything in a saucepan and simmer until it is cooked. Whether to let it chill completely or not is up to people’s preference.
It is also a very forgiving recipe. If one prefers heavy cream over coconut cream, that works just as fine. Want more sweetness? Feel free to adjust the maple syrup level.
Make this carob pumpkin pudding recipe at home and this could quickly become a staple in any family’s dessert rotation. Just file it under the “Easy” folder.
RECIPE: Carob Pumpkin Pudding
- 1 3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup The Australian Carob Co. Roasted or Raw Carob Powder
- 1/4 cup pure almond butter, preferably homemade and without additives
- 1/4 cup real coconut cream, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsps pumpkin pie spice blend
- 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Heat on a very low flame or setting, stirring with a rubber spatula so it doesn't stick to the bottom, and simmer until it is cooked and combined well.
- Let the pudding cool slightly and transfer to serving bowls, or chill completely in the refrigerator and serve cool.
- Garnish with crushed almond slivers and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. Also great with topping of non-dairy Carob Whipped Cream.
- Can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week.
For more homemade gourmet carob recipes using Australian Carobs, please visit CarobRecipes.com.