Having green smoothies for breakfast is the tastiest way to “eat your superfoods” and this Carob Kale Spinach Smoothie needs to be on your smoothie rotation. Not only is this carob green smoothie a nutrient powerhouse, it is also a winner in the flavor department.
Aside from kale and spinach, there is almond milk, maple syrup and roasted carob powder for natural sweetness and creamy consistency. Then we have cucumber and lemon for the refreshing and citrus aspect. Vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free, this smoothie is refined sugar-free. So enjoy sipping your greens instead of eating them!
Carob Kale Spinach Smoothie Ingredients
- Superfoods spinach and kale as choice of greens.
- Refreshing cucumber to lighten the flavors
- Unsweetened almond milk for nutrition and creamy aspect
- Carob powder and maple syrup for added taste and as natural sweeteners.
- Lemon for a citrus twist
- Salt and a dash of cayenne for that spicy kick.
If this is your first time to make a green smoothie, you may also add crushed pistachios or crushed almonds for extra nutty taste. This way, you can warm up your way into the leafy vegetable-based smoothie with ease.
For more breakfast smoothie ideas, please visit our Carob Smoothies page.
Carob Kale Spinach Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Food Blender or Food Processor
- Combine all ingredients in the blender jar and blend thoroughly.
- Pour into serving glass and top with slice of lemon, dash of paprika and sprinkle of crushed pistachios
You will find more homemade gourmet carob recipes using Australian Carobs at CarobRecipes.com.