You will love this quick and easy Carob Glaze for your homemade carob doughnuts. Or even carob sconuts! There is no back story or any drama. Just a good amount of rich carob taste, full cocoa butter profile for that special flavor that is reminiscent of carob chocolate goodness, and the twin powers of maple and vanilla.
It is much easier than you think! You won’t need any specialized ingredients or kitchen equipment. With a few ingredients — five to be specific — carob glaze can transform simple baked carob desserts from plain to gourmet.
Carob Glaze Details
- Gluten Free. If you have concerns with gluten, this Carob Glaze recipe shouldn’t cause any worry.
- Carob Powder. Whether you use raw carob powder or the roasted kind. the outcome will still be delicious.
- No Refined Sugar Use. No artificial sweeteners either. We used pure maple sugar as natural sweetening agent.
- Vanilla. We only recommend pure and real vanilla extract.
There is a world of possibilities. Frost your your sweet treats with this carob ganache or any dessert such as carob brownies, carob truffles, and a long list of carob recipes. We also found that it perfectly complements carob coconut macaroons as a light drizzle. When used as glaze for gluten-free carob doughnuts, it offers a beautiful layer for nut and seed toppings.
Not only will it make your desserts appear impressive, but like most things in life, it reveals that what is underneath is what really matters. Enjoy!
RECIPE: Carob Glaze
- Over a double boiler (feel free to use a make-shift one), gently melt cocoa butter. Stir constantly and don't let it t it too hot or boiling.
- Once cocoa butter has melted, stir in carob powder, salt, and maple sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add vanilla. Stir well until well-combined.
- Let it cool to thicken or until it reaches dipping consistency for doughnuts or until the consistency is good enough for coating macaroons and other desserts.