The weather this week has been displaying a slight barometric change so we turn to this Carob Ginger Fig Cocktail recipe to welcome this event! Spring is finally kicking in in the United States while Autumn is in full swing in Australia. The spicy-sweet ginger-fig tandem rounds out the exceptionally silky and smooth profile of vodka. A squeeze of lemon, a hint of date and carob syrup. Think citrusy and refreshing. We figured, it is probably the perfect cocktail to cozy up and welcome the slightly cooler days ahead.
Carob Ginger Fig Cocktail Recipe Details
Not only is this drink easy to pull together, but the combination of ginger and figs instantly makes this our go-to drink for the season. These two ingredients are the dominant flavors in this naturally sweetened drink while at the same time letting the liquor shine.
- Fruits. Dried figs. For those in Australia, you may opt for fresh figs.
- Citrus. Lemon slices
- The Sweet Part. Date syrup and carob syrup.
- Spicy Notes. Freshly chopped ginger
- Spirit. 80 Proof Vodka
Carob Ginger Fig Cocktail
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 tbsp fig, finely minced
- 2 ounces vodka (two shots)
- 1 tsp The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup
- 1 tsp date syrup
- 3/4 cup sparkling water
- 2 pcs lemon slices
- a pinch of salt
- 5 pcs ice cubes
- Soak the finely minced fresh ginger and fig in the vodka for a minimum of one hour.
- Strain the liquid into a mixing jar.
- Add the carob syrup, date syrup, pinch of salt and sparkling water and stir until mixed well.
- Add ice cubes to the serving glass and pour the mixed drink over the ice.
- Add the lemon slices both into the drink and top with them.
For more homemade gourmet carob recipes using Australian Carobs, please visit CarobRecipes.com.