Delectable, moist and easy to bake carob cake using Australian Carobs’ roasted carob powder. A guilt-free and healthy carob dessert treat that you can enjoy with family and friends.
Carob Cake with Carob Icing
- 1/2 cup The Australian Carob Co. Roasted Carob Powder
- 170 gms butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 pcs eggs (free-range eggs, if possible)
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp bi-carb powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 30 gms butter
- 2 tbsps The Australian Carob Co. Roasted Carob Powder
- warm water
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs one at a time together.
- Then add flour, bi-carb, carob powder, salt and milk.
- Place into a 20 cm square tin.
- Bake at 180C pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes or until cooked.
- Sift icing and carob powder then put in butter and mix well. Mix warm water until icing thickness is achieved.
- Pour over cake.