If you enjoyed our Carob Mango Salsa, you will love it even more if you make this Carob Bean Salad. Red kidney beans, cannellini or white kidney beans and garbanzo team up to achieve this glorious fusion of tropical flavors and sweet and tangy dressing. For the health-conscious crowd, you’ll be happy to know that this original Australian Carob recipe uses carob powder as sweetener. None of that unhealthy refined sugar or hard to pronounce artificial sweeteners at all.
This Carob Bean Salad is the perfect side dish for grilled meats, roasted veggies, or even fish tacos. It also perfectly complements loaf cakes, carob sconuts and even cornbread. If you’d prefer to eat it plain, that is fine too!
Carob Bean Salad Details
- Bean Trio. Cannellini, red kidney beans and garbanzo power the flavor machine of this salad.
- Naturally Sweetened. No refined sugar and no artificial sweeteners. Roasted carob powder is used as sweetening agent.
- Tropical Flair. Carob Mango Salsa makes this edible creation a summer party in a bowl.
Can we use carob syrup instead of carob powder?
Yes, you may. Replace the carob powder with four tablespoons of carob syrup. Adjust the amount based on the sweetness level that you prefer.
Can we use raw carob powder instead of the roasted one?
Yes, of course. Also, make sure that it’s Australia Carobs. Choose the carob powder that meets your flavor requirement.
No red kidney beans. Can we use black beans?
Yes, you may. This recipe can be very forgiving and offers room for substitution.
Can we use herbs such as fresh basil?
Yes. It is up to you. We added parsley as garnish but modify the recipe based on your preferred taste profile.
We would love to know how you enjoyed this recipe. Please don’t forget to tag #AustralianCarobs on Facebook or Instagram.
RECIPE. Carob Bean Salad
- 1 1/2 cups red kidney beans, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups Cannellini beans (white kidney beans), cooked
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans (chickpeas), cooked
- 1/4 cup The Australian Carob Co. Roasted or Raw Carob Powder
- 3 cups Carob Mango Salsa* (see the Notes section for the link to this recipe)
- 1/2 cup parsley
- In a large bowl, add the kidney beans, cannellini, and garbanzo. Then mix in the carob powder, stirring thoroughly until it is fully incorporated.
- Mix in the Carob Mango Salsa and thoroughly mix together. Cover and refrigerate to allow the flavors to merge.
- Serve with parsley garnish.
- Great with sides of aged cheese or goat cheese and avocado. Or anything you come up with. Enjoy!