A masterfully-curated blend, our Carob Barbecue Seasoning packs a flavor punch that shows every barbecue sauce or seasoning in the world who’s boss. This is not competition-style barbecue seasoning. Nutrition, flavor and ease of production considered, this may be the runaway winner. No one else comes close! Make this at home and unleash the collective power of carob, maple sugar, citrus, cayenne and other dried herbs and spices. No grilling apron required.
Carob Barbecue Seasoning Ingredients
Powered by robust flavors, this all-natural seasoning is consist of the following:
- Roasted Carob Powder
- Pure Maple Sugar
- Smoked Paprika
- Onion Powder
- Orange Zest
- Mustard Seed
- Cayenne Pepper
- Black Pepper
- Espresso Powder
With naturally sweet carob complementing the sharp sting of cayenne and paprika, there is no doubt that people will swarm around anything this seasoning is rubbed or sprinkled on.
Homemade Gourmet Barbecue Seasoning Mix
There is a fine line that separates basic BBQ from gourmet tasting ones. With this, any dish will be elevated to the next level. Using this barbecue seasoning will turn any simple backyard grill into a winners’ circle. This will be great on:
- Grilled Meats, Seafood Items and Vegetables
- Fried Tofu or Tempura-style vegetables
- Homemade Potato Chips, Popcorn, or Rice Crisps
- Dips and Sauces
Carob Barbecue Seasoning
Use it in marinades, as a rub or as an all-around flavor enhancer. No store-bought barbecue sauce or barbecue seasoning mix could beat the winning points of this recipe. It is victory in a bottle. There is no refined sugar in this seasoning. No unhealthy palm oil, corn syrup and preservatives either. It’s all about heightened notes of sweet, tangy and spicy barbecue without the nasties.
Store this in an airtight container to have it handy for impromptu grill nights. Or as a thoughtful gift to hand to friends and family on special occasions.
RECIPE: Carob Barbecue Seasoning
- 4 tbsps The Australian Carob Co. Roasted or Raw Carob Powder
- 2 tbsps smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp pure maple sugar
- 1 tbsp ground salt
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp dried orange zest
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pre-grind salt, and any other ingredients that are not already finely ground, in an electric spice mixer or a mortar and pestle.
- In a small bowl, or the mortar and pestle, add all the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in a cool, dark cabinet between uses.
- Sprinkle on meats, fish, vegetables, seafood, salads, sauces, dips etc. Also can be used as a rub before grilling, baking, sautéing.
For more homemade gourmet carob recipes using Australian Carobs, please visit CarobRecipes.com.