Here’s another good-for-you sweet treat that does not require any added refined sugar — Carob and Blueberry Yogurt! It’s such an easy breakfast or snack item to make and everything you’ll need are pantry staples. Plain natural yogurt, unsweetened almond butter, fresh blueberries, pure vanilla extract, raw carob powder and carob syrup. All great ingredients and the best part? It only requires a small bowl!
For this Carob and Blueberry Yogurt recipe, we recommend using a thick and creamy yogurt as a base. Although we used a dairy-based one, we are confident that this would work well with a plant-based milk that is of similar texture.
Carob and Blueberry Yogurt Recipe Details
The yogurt and fresh blueberries make a delicious tandem. However, if you only have frozen blueberries available, that would work too. You may even mix it up with other berries and take this recipe idea further. The unsweetened almond butter is there to complement the sweetness of our carob powder and carob syrup. Of course, pure vanilla extract stamps this dessert with gourmet seal.
If you’re feeling fancy, dust the top with more raw or roasted carob powder and cinnamon. It’s just nice to have a yogurt snack sometimes that’s guilt-free. You know what we’re talking about. Without all that unhealthy refined sugar.
RECIPE: Carob and Blueberry Recipe Yogurt
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients except for the fresh blueberries. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the blueberries until it is well-incorporated.
- Cover and place inside the refrigerator to chill for an hour.
- When ready to serve, stir it a little in case the yogurt separates some water out.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and dust the top with ground cinnamon and raw carob powder.
For more homemade gourmet carob recipes using Australian Carobs, please visit CarobRecipes.com.