While there are commercially-available carob bars out there, a homemade Carob Almond Bar is one of the simplest gourmet treats you could possibly make. They are incredibly easy to prepare, especially if you are using naturally sweet carob powder such as the ones that we offer. No baking required too! We’re not judging the store-bought ones but if you have food intolerances, for us, the only way to ensure “healthy indulgence” is to take the homemade route. This carob almond bar recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free!
The decadence of the classic carob bar is perfectly captured in this recipe. It is tough to beat that perfect combination of organic almonds, Australian Carobs, organic cocoa butter, maple sugar, and real vanilla. Although some would nickname it Carob Chocolate, it is almost illegal or criminal to say that. Its flavor excellence is definitely coming from the heavenly fusion of the carob powder and cocoa butter.
We designed this recipe for those who do not have access to ready-to-eat bars. For people on special diets, carob almond bars that do not contain palm oil (or palm stearin oil), artificial sweeteners, emulsifiers and preservatives are a rare find. On top of that, we are here to celebrate food preparations at home! After all, our kitchen should be the epicenter of great food and excellent health!
One crucial point in achieving incredible flavor excellence is that carob powder is prepared with cocoa butter. This lends the carob bars a silky smooth texture while having that “snap” that snack bars are known for. Once you learn the heavenly value of fusing these two ingredients together, the varieties of carob confections you can make are endless.
These bars do not have the lingering aftertaste that comes from coconut oil or coconut sugar. You’ll just remember the lusciousness of every bite!
What Makes This Carob Almond Bar Special
- Real Gourmet. Made with organic, nutritious and real food ingredients that you can pronounce.
- Gluten Free. We developed this recipe so that people with gluten intolerances can enjoy these carob treats too!
- No Refined Sugar. Carob powder and organic maple sugar team up as natural sweetening agents.
- No Dairy. There is no milk product in this recipe.
- No Soy Lecithin.
- No Palm Oil.
These carob bars are definitely a healthy version of your favorite store-bought treats. If you’re trying to unlearn some snacking habits, prepare these carob bites in advance, store them in the fridge so you have something ready the next time a craving kicks in.
RECIPE: Carob Almond Bar
- 1 double boiler (or a makeshift one)
- 3 candy bar molds (commonly available online in marketplaces such as Amazon)
- Divide the roasted almonds into three and spread over the molds.
- Over a double boiler (feel free to use a make-shift one), gently melt cocoa butter. Stir constantly and don't let it to get too hot or boiling.
- Once cocoa butter has melted, stir in carob powder, salt, and maple sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add vanilla. Stir well until well-combined.
- Let it cool to thicken a little (about 2-5 minutes) or until the consistency is good enough for pouring.
- Stir one more time then pour the mixture onto the mold that has the almond slices.
- Set aside to cool and harden completely.
- Remove the Carob Almond Bars from the molds.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, if there are any left after tasting them.
For more homemade gourmet carob recipes using Australian Carobs, please visit CarobRecipes.com.