We love smoothies that use real, whole food ingredients and this carob yoghurt smoothie sits high on our highly-recommended ones. The scrumptious medley of nutritious ingredients offers a tasty profile that’s profoundly fruity, refreshing and richly satisfying. It’s reminiscent of a nicely textured berry pie that is both filling and delicious. Superfoods blueberries and pomegranate seeds top-bill this recipe. Yoghurt is an incredible addition because it is an excellent way to pack protein and probiotics into a drink. Then there is our roasted carob powder that does double-duty. It’s fiber-rich while working as the main natural sweetening agent for this creamy smoothie.
For those who are trying to make smart choices, you’ll be glad to know that the fruits required for this recipe have plenty of all-natural sweetness. Meaning, there is no need for refined sugar to make this carob yoghurt smoothie more delicious than it already is.
A few ingredients and a minute in the blender are all it takes to make this sweet treat.
Helpful Tips About This Carob Yoghurt Smoothie
- FRESH OR FROZEN BLUEBERRIES? It is entirely up to you. If we can make a suggestion, choose Wild Canadian Blueberries whenever possible.
- DAIRY OR NON-DAIRY YOGHURT? This is a matter of preference. Choose non-dairy if you’re vegan.
- CAROB POWDER OPTIONS. Feel free to use either raw carob powder or roasted carob powder. Just be aware that both have different carob flavor profiles.
- THICKER CONSISTENCY. If you’re planning to make this as a carob smoothie bowl, frozen fruits and opting for Greek yoghurt can help achieve that.
The appearance and sweetness of the smoothie will depend on the type of carob powder that you use. Roasted carob powder tends to have a sweeter and darker in color profile. Raw carob powder lends a delicately sweet and slightly less dark in color profile. However, both taste amazingly good!
Just like with other smoothies, feel free to substitute the blueberries with any other berry or fruit you like. This carob recipe is absolutely versatile and forgiving! We hope that this smoothie adds a taste of wholesome decadence to your day the way it enthusiastically does ours.
RECIPE. Blueberry, Pomegranate, Yoghurt and Carob Smoothie
- Food Blender or Food Processor
- Run all the ingredients in a food blender or food processor.
- Pour into serving glasses. Dust with carob powder.
- Top with blueberries or choice of toppings.