These carob muffins follow a simple recipe yet they’re soft and flavorful. The basic muffin base is easy to make and it can be flavored with a variety of mix-ins. For this recipe, we are using blueberries but feel free to use your preferred fruits such as strawberries and figs.
Blueberry and Carob Muffins
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut, shredded (plus 2 tbsps extra
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 pc egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup The Australian Carob Co. Raw Carob Powder
- Grease a six-hole muffin pan.
- Sift flour into a bowl, stir in the brown sugar, blueberries, coconut, egg, buttermilk and oil.
- Stir quickly with a large metal spoon until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in moderately hot oven for about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle extra coconut on top after cooking.