It’s challenging for us to get our daily servings of fruits and vegetables and this Berry Tropical Beet Carob Smoothie solves that concern for us. Superfoods such as beets and strawberries team up to build the nutrition base. While pineapple and organic shredded coconut round up the tropical flair of this refreshing drink. Raw carob powder and carob syrup star in this recipe not just as flavor enhancers but as natural sweetening agents. Perfect as a breakfast beverage, easy to make and healthy, how can anyone resist the vibrant pink charm of this refined sugar-free smoothie?
Berry Tropical Beet Carob Smoothie Ingredients
We’re so used to hearing the adage “An apple a day keeps the doctor away?” but after some thinking, we can also say that a carob smoothie a day does the job excellently too! Especially if it is a fruit and vegetable concoction like this smoothie.
- Strawberries. Fresh or frozen berries work well.
- Beet Juice. Please read the label and look for the real kind, not the “concentrate” version. If you’d prefer to use fresh beets, that should be fine too!
- Pineapple and Coconut. These two help in masking the “earthy” flavor that beets are known for.
- Almond Milk. To keep it dairy-free and creamy.
- Carob Powder and Carob Syrup. As natural sweeteners.
Taste and adjust the amounts ingredients based on preference. If you want it sweeter, you may add more carob syrup or chopped dates. If you’d love to turn this into a smoothie bowl, we recommend using frozen berries and pineapple and start with 1/2 cup almond milk until the desired consistency is achieved.
Berry Tropical Beet Carob Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Food Blender
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup of almond milk if berries are frozen.
- Use 1/4 cup almond milk to make it a smoothie bowl.
For more homemade gourmet carob recipes using Australian Carobs, please visit CarobRecipes.com.