Carobs and walnuts star in this easy to make Banana, Walnut and Carob Bread recipe. The nutty flavor really comes through in this nicely textured loaf. Slice it up and serve with tea or coffee!
Banana, Walnut and Carob Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup (125 gm/1 stick) unsalted butter, softened and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) The Australian Carob Co. Carob Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pcs large eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (400 gms) ripe banana mashed
- 1/3 cup (95 gms) Greek style yogurt
- 1 1/3 cup (375 gms) plain gluten-free flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup (35 gms) The Australian Carob Co. Roasted or Raw Carob Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced/350°F) and lightly grease and line with baking paper a 13cm x 26cm (5¼” x 10½”), 2-litre (8 cup) loaf pan.
- Using an electric stand mixer, beat butter, carob syrup and vanilla together until well-combined. The mixture will split, but will come back together as other ingredients are added.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until just combined. Remove mixing bowl from stand mixer and add mashed banana and yogurt, stirring with a spatula to combine. Add flour, carob powder, baking powder, bicarb soda, cinnamon and walnuts, stirring to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool completely.